Why Innovation Africa
Innovation is an imperative for African countries, business and organisations.
The last half-century has seen different approaches to development which haveachieved varying degrees of success. The problems of poverty and inequality are growing, not diminishing, and this is making it more urgent to find solutions to these and other problems, such as climate change.
As developed countries and the OECD address these issues, some common themes are emerging. …….. A related theme is innovation. Innovation is about creating value from knowledge.
Learning how to support innovation in developing countries is a challenge, but rising to the challenge will help people to create wealth and to contribute to their society.
Innovation and the Development Agenda: An OECD Innovation Strategy
Innovation is about knowledge; exploiting knowledge to solve problems and to create value. One of the principle goal of this website is to be a repository for knowledge. This website will support innovation in African countries by accumulating and distribute resources, knowledge and inspiration to individuals, companys, organisations and instiutions. There are hundreds of resources on Innovation Management. On our website, we will provide the most important and relevant to Africa.
Government leaders as well as business leaders face a global economy in which competitiveness and economic prosperity is determined by knowledge. Leaders need to creative in meeting the social and business challenges of their countries. Africa as a continent, must now embrace innovation in both the private and public sectors. The underlying drivers of – globalisation and technology- are having an unimaginable impact on Africa. The development challenge cannot be met without Innovation in science and business.
In the final analysis, Innovation is the engine for growth; innovation is a driver of socio-economic transformation and progress leading to sustainable development.
Francis Stevens George, Founder and President, InnovationAfrica.org
“Just as energy is the basis of life itself, and ideas the source of innovation, so is innovation the vital spark of all human change, improvement and progress”
Ted Levitt quotes
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019