Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises
December 30, 2021 Editor 0
Entrepreneurial alertness refers to the ability to process information and signals from the environment so that individuals can recognize business opportunities, whereas innovation modes depict the variation in firms’ approaches to innovation. Innovation modes have important implications in the way firms compete; however, little research has been done about the relationship among entrepreneurial alertness, innovation modes, and business model in firms. This study explores whether entrepreneurial alertness dimensions influence business models through their effect on firms’ innovation modes. Using survey data from analysis of 119 manufacturing small and medium-sized enterprises in Mexico using structural equation modelling, this study shows that entrepreneurs’ entrepreneurial alertness dimensions have different impacts on innovation modes, which thus have different effects on the efficiency and novelty of business models.
- Kenya: Orange Telkom Unveils 3G Firefox OS Low-End Smartphone in Kenya
- Africa RISING partners publish soil fertility management guidebook
- A Service Brokering and Recommendation Mechanism for Better Selecting Cloud Services
- The Way Forward for Samsung, and Innovation
- To Build or Buy or Both? That is the M&E Technology Systems Question!
- What Is the Logical Conclusion for Citizen Feedback Systems?
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021