The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation
June 10, 2021 Editor 0
The emergent theme of design led innovation is well recognized now. Yet, the association between ‘design’ and ‘digital innovation’ remains largely under-explored. In order to help enterprises in the pressure of digital environment to better understand the role of design in promoting digital innovation. Based on the literature, this paper explores the unique characteristics of digital innovation from three aspects: content, organization and impact. On this basis, it conduct a systematic analysis for the role of design in digital innovation. The contribution of this paper is to: (1) explore the practice and significance of design in the digital innovation; (2) make guideness to companies and designers who are committed to adding value to their products or business through digital innovation. This paper argue that design has an intensive strategy role in promoting digital innovation in three aspects. The application of design needs to pay more attention to its overall effectiveness.
- Categorizing the collaboration and community promotion spaces that make urban innovation ecosystems tick
- Henry Chesbrough and Gary Hamel Talk Innovation Platforms
- Designing the Right Supply Chain
- Kenya: Internet Currency Helps Kenya Build Water Wells
- Should customers be closed out of Open Innovation?
- Patent-based investment funds as innovation intermediaries for SMEs: In-depth analysis of reciprocal interactions, motives and fallacies
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021