BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems
June 9, 2021 Editor 0
Increasing the planting density for groundnut generates multiple benefits by boosting yields of grain and fodder per unit area. It enhances soil fertility, improves water retention, and prevents weed growth, thereby raising farmers’ food security and incomes.
This four-page brief, prepared by Nurdeen Abdul Rahman of the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), is part of Africa RISING’s series of information briefs (#BRIEF FOCUS). It summarizes key facts about the benefits of optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems. It is based on Africa RISING experiences of validating the technology with farmers in northern Ghana over the past eight years. Inspired by the medicine labels you will typically find enclosed in over-the-counter medicine dispensed at pharmacies around the world, this brief gives just the right dosage of information needed to treat your farm!
PDF copy? You can download it here: https://hdl.handle.net/10568/113715
- Knowledge Management and Strategic Orientation: Leveraging Innovativeness and Performance
- The industrial Internet from a startup perspective
- From White Paper Writing to White Water Rafting: A Review of Three Strategies to Match Learning with Real Life
- Managing the business of everyday life: The roles of space and place in ‘Mumpreneurship’.
- NexThought Monday: The Future of Crowdfunding Depends on Avoiding Past Missteps
- Trust formation processes in innovative collaborations: Networking as knowledge building practices
COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 808 views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 806 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 759 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 727 views