Photo report: West Africa project partners cap off 2020 with farmers field day events in Northern Ghana and Southern Mali
December 11, 2020 Editor 0
Project partners implementing activities under the Africa RISING West Africa recently held Farmers Field Day (FFD) activities at project sites in northern Ghana and Southern Mali. The field events drew a line under what has been a difficult year for activity implementation in light of COVID-19 restrictions for project partners in both countries. During the FFD activities, farmers got an opportunity to share experiences with various technologies promoted by the project and more importantly engage in peer to peer learning for which the opportunities this year have been limited due to restrictions on gatherings. Farmers and partners were upbeat about being able to convene during a field day activity before the year’s end.
The FFDs were held in strict adherence to government prescribed safety measures to stop the spread of COVID-19. In addition to proper sanitary practices like use of face masks and hand washing, the project team also made sure that the FFDs were repeated on different days to ensure that the number of farmers gathered in one place doesn’t exceed the prescribed limit for physical gatherings.
This photo report presents highlights of the different improved agricultural technologies showcased during the FFD activities in the two countries. Click image below to view the report.
- Cognitive Biases Inhibiting Innovation in Top Management Teams
- Solar Now, Water Later
- Earn a Professional Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Africa: Partners Commit to Bolster Open Source Research
- Intellectual property issues in artificial intelligence: specific reference to the service sector
- Ghana: ICT Centre Launched At Ejisu
SL Crowd Green Solutions Transforming crop residues into a precious feed resource for small ruminants in northern Ghana
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 834 views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 816 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 779 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 740 views