Africa RISING Annual Progress Report 2018 – 2019 now available
July 6, 2020 Editor 0
Between October 2018 and September 2019, Africa RISING partners continued to deliver development outcomes for smallholders in Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Mali, Tanzania and Zambia. Livelihood enhancing technologies were shared with farmers via nine interlinked themes. These were deploying improved varieties, manipulating crop ecologies, applying integrated soil fertility management, improving food safety and reducing food waste, mechanization, developing and deploying ICTs, including decision-support tools, enhancing livestock productivity, reducing soil loss and enhancing water utilization, and improving household nutrition. This annual report provides an overview of the progress made by the program during the reporting period. The report also presents highlights of other important milestones and achievements in monitoring and evaluation and learning, capacity building, collaborations with development partners, and Africa RISING’s knowledge outputs during the period.
- To foster innovation, let a hundred flowers bloom?
- Why BuzzFeed wanted everyone to know about its new news app — even before it launched
- Local inventor goes global with new heat transfer technology
- The Globalization of Angel Investments: Evidence across Countries
- The Future of AngularJS
- Who Wins with the Smart Grid?: Uncertain economics cloud the grid’s future
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021