Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool
January 26, 2020 Editor 0
Although there is a breadth of research demonstrating the effectiveness of virtual reality (VR) as a destination marketing tool, there are limited exploratory studies providing empirical evidence from the perspective of tourism marketers in this specific context. The technological, organisational, environmental (TOE) framework has confirmed explanatory power for studies exploring organisational adoption of various technologies; however, the framework’s association with VR research is limited. Responding to this dual gap, this exploratory study explores both internal and external factors associated with VR adoption from tourism marketers’ perspectives by employing TOE framework as a theoretical base. Interviews were conducted with seven tourism marketers from three urban tourism destinations in the UK. The preliminary study findings indicate that environmental (perceived competitive pressures and global market appeal) factors are positively associated with tourism marketers’ VR adoption, while other TOE factors are not. Finally, theoretical contribution, practical implications and avenues for further research are provided.
- Valuation For African Startups | 4th September 2012 | iHub
- Gender Assessment of ICT Access and Usage in Africa
- Case Study: Bet on One Big Idea or Diversify?
- Design Guidelines to Address Global Challenges: Lessons from Global Action Networks
- What It Takes to Win: Extreme Lessons from Polar Explorers
- South Africa: New Agreement Will Foster High-Level Science Collaboration With the U.S.
The impact of social media characteristics on e-commerce use behaviour among youth in developing countries Assessing the effects of land uses and water conservation on soil erosion in central Ethiopia
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020