The impact of social media characteristics on e-commerce use behaviour among youth in developing countries
January 26, 2020 Editor 0
Social media has influenced the e-commerce buying behaviours because of its capability to enhance customer's experiences. Social media can help in conveying ideas, shaping perceptions and modifying buying intentions of the targeted audience. This paper investigates the impact of social media on trust and willingness to buy through e-commerce context in developing nation's youth. We identified seven characteristics of social media which influence consumer's behaviour and motivate consumers to buy online. Convenience sampling technique was used to collect data from international students of Chinese universities. The respondents were from 34 developing countries. The findings showed that social media can serve as excellent tool to enhance trust for e-commerce use and increase the willingness to buy online in developing countries. Hierarchical multiple regression showed significant variance among the predictors. This study contributes to theoretical and managerial understanding of social media for building trust and willingness to buy online. The study includes a broad spectrum of social media characteristics and their influence on e-commerce.
- This is the single biggest success (or failure) factor in ICT4E
- A New ‘How-To’ Guide for Creating Angel Investor Groups for Emerging and Frontier Markets
- ‘Green future’ development: Top 10 priorities for emerging economy countries
- Getting more out of nature: Genetic toolkit finds new maximum for crop yields
- Technology transfer organizations: Services and business models
- How can countries take advantage of the fourth industrial revolution?
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021