Key take-aways from a recent Africa RISING exchange visit in Ghana
August 30, 2019 Editor 0
Themed exchange visits to strategically selected project sites have been used over the years within the Africa RISING program to promote cross-learning and experience sharing among partners implementing the program’s activities in different countries. On 17-21 June 2019, activity sites in northern Ghana hosted a delegation of 40 project partners from each of the three Africa RISING regional projects in East and Southern Africa, West Africa and the Ethiopian Highlands.
The focus of this year’s exchange visit was for partners to discuss and share experiences on the program’s interventions on livestock feeding, human nutrition, irrigated vegetable production, soil and water management as well as farming mechanization. During the exchange visit, the partners also took time to start developing joint manuscripts on the five intervention areas with contributions from each of teams from the six Africa RISING project countries.
The visiting delegation made stops and interacted with farmers and community members in the Northern and Upper East regions of Ghana. These interactions with farmers and between project partners operating in different countries (and contexts) have in the past served as a source of inspired ideas for solving confounding implementation issues and striking mutually beneficial collaborations amongst project partners.
This photo report captures some of the observations, lessons learnt and individual reflections of partners who took part in the exchange visit.
- Open Innovation: One Size Fits All?
- Africa: Technology Roadmap Resets Targets On Malaria Vaccines
- Hutchinson Center breaks ground for first collaborative cancer center in sub-Saharan Africa
- iPads in Rural Agriculture: Glitz Toys or ICT4Ag Business Tool?
- Grand theories as barriers to using IC concepts
- Team Proactivity as a Linking Mechanism between Team Creative Efficacy, Transformational Leadership, and Risk-Taking Norms and Team Creative Performance
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020