In pictures: the 2019 Africa RISING Tanzania monitoring visit
August 30, 2019 Editor 0
The Africa RISING East and Southern Africa (ESA) project management team led by the project manager, Irmgard Hoeschle-Zeledon; the ESA project chief scientist, Mateete Bekunda and implementing partners visited different project sites in Tanzania on 18–31 March.
The three-day visit reviewed the ongoing implementation of project activities in Babati, Kiteto, Kongwa, Mbozi and Mbeya districts. The management team spoke with farmers and got first-hand feedback from them on the use of improved agricultural technologies and practices promoted by the project.
This photo report highlights what the team found.
- Understanding “Foregoing” Behavior at the Base of the Pyramid (BoP) in Kenya
- How Africa Can Feed the World
- Developing a gender capacity assessment and development methodology and tools
- Kenyan AIDS vaccine work boosts African research
- Agriculture & food production contribute up to 29 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions
- Scientists build ‘nanobowls’ to protect catalysts needed for better biofuel production
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020