In pictures: the 2019 Africa RISING Tanzania monitoring visit
August 30, 2019 Editor 0
The Africa RISING East and Southern Africa (ESA) project management team led by the project manager, Irmgard Hoeschle-Zeledon; the ESA project chief scientist, Mateete Bekunda and implementing partners visited different project sites in Tanzania on 18–31 March.
The three-day visit reviewed the ongoing implementation of project activities in Babati, Kiteto, Kongwa, Mbozi and Mbeya districts. The management team spoke with farmers and got first-hand feedback from them on the use of improved agricultural technologies and practices promoted by the project.
This photo report highlights what the team found.
- Africa RISING partnerships increase scaling out of agricultural technologies in Ethiopia
- Empowering agricultural extension agents to deliver improved farming technologies
- No small change: Vegetable farmer cashes in on new vegetable varieties in Tanzania
- From research plots to farmer fields: Africa RISING – NAFAKA partners discuss scaling plans in Tanzania
- Africa RISING showcases interventions at Nane Nane agricultural fair in Arusha
- Facilitating participatory research: Scientists train farmers and extension officers in Babati-Tanzania on forage data collection
Subscribe to our stories
- In pictures: the 2019 Africa RISING Tanzania monitoring visit August 30, 2019
- Active Internationalization of Software Enterprises: Scale Development and Validation August 30, 2019
- The Manager’s Guide to Leveraging Disruption August 30, 2019
- Key take-aways from a recent Africa RISING exchange visit in Ghana August 30, 2019
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019