What sustainable intensification of mixed farming systems looks like in Ethiopia–case of the Africa RISING project
April 24, 2018 Editor 0
In this video, Peter Thorne, the Africa RISING project coordinator in Ethiopia, and Melkamu Bezabih, a postdoctoral livestock feeds and nutrition researcher, talk about sustainable intensification of mixed farming systems in Ethiopia in the Africa RISING project.
This video was recorded during an international exchange visit organized near Debre Birhan (one of the research sites of the Africa RISING project in Ethiopia) as part of the 7th Multi-stakeholder partnership meeting of the Global Agenda for Sustainable Livestock. Under the theme ‘Achieving multiple benefits through livestock-based solutions’, more than 250 participants from over 50 countries came together on 8-12 May 2017 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to discuss how livestock can contribute positively to global development.
The meeting comprised a mix of plenary and interactive sessions, learning tours, a share fair and opportunities to join one of several special interest cluster and action network meetings.
- Social learning for farming systems – Insights from Africa RISING in Ethiopia
- Not just technology dissemination: the multiple dimensions of scaling initiatives of Africa RISING in sustainable intensification
- Ethiopia learning alliance to support sustainable agricultural intensification
- Regional experts meet to discuss sustainable management of industrial effluent in East Africa
- Value chains learning hubs workshop: co-creating solutions for eastern and southern Africa
- W/Video Via ViewChange, Oxfam: This World Food Day, Making it Africa’s Last Famine
Tags: farming systems
Subscribe to our stories
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019
- Why Do Foreign Investors’ Attitudes toward Women Matter? May 28, 2019
- When less is more: coordinating innovation in open versus closed source software development May 28, 2019
- Social entrepreneurship: an emerging market perspective, some fresh evidence from Ghana May 28, 2019
- Influence of personal traits on social entrepreneurship intention: an empirical study related to Tunisia May 28, 2019