What sustainable intensification of mixed farming systems looks like in Ethiopia–case of the Africa RISING project
April 24, 2018 Editor 0
In this video, Peter Thorne, the Africa RISING project coordinator in Ethiopia, and Melkamu Bezabih, a postdoctoral livestock feeds and nutrition researcher, talk about sustainable intensification of mixed farming systems in Ethiopia in the Africa RISING project.
This video was recorded during an international exchange visit organized near Debre Birhan (one of the research sites of the Africa RISING project in Ethiopia) as part of the 7th Multi-stakeholder partnership meeting of the Global Agenda for Sustainable Livestock. Under the theme ‘Achieving multiple benefits through livestock-based solutions’, more than 250 participants from over 50 countries came together on 8-12 May 2017 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to discuss how livestock can contribute positively to global development.
The meeting comprised a mix of plenary and interactive sessions, learning tours, a share fair and opportunities to join one of several special interest cluster and action network meetings.
- Social learning for farming systems – Insights from Africa RISING in Ethiopia
- Scientists create organic brick with low thermal conductivity
- SA Innovation Summit: Livestream
- Promoting Wired Links in Wireless Mesh Networks: An Efficient Engineering Solution
- Creating ‘Shared Value’: Delivering On Social Values
- Earth observation satellites hold benefits for South Africa
Tags: farming systems
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021