Towards building an Entrepreneurship Ecosystem- Global Entrepreneurship Week and Freetown Pitch Night-The Role and Significance of the Freetown Pitch Night
November 20, 2017 Editor 0
From November 13th to the November 17th the world, including Sierra Leone, will celebrate the Global Entrepreneurship Week. Global Entrepreneurship Week is the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch start-ups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare.
During one week of every November, GEW inspires people everywhere through local, national and global activities designed to help them take the next step in their entrepreneurial journey. These activities, from large-scale competitions and events to intimate networking gatherings, connect participants to potential collaborators, mentors and even investors – introducing them to new possibilities and exciting opportunities.
In Sierra Leone, GEN SL and Innovation SL as National Hosts have organised several activities to inform and inspire. The highlight of the week is the GEW 2017 Freetown Pitch Competition. The finals will see a winner – GEW Sierra Leone Entrepreneur attend the Global Entrepreneurship Congress.
As much as this prize is important, it is the role of the Freetown Pitch Night and its significance in building an entrepreneurship ecosystem in Sierra Leone that is the subject of this paper.
- Clusters, entrepreneurial ecosystem co-creation, and appropriability: a conceptual framework
- Wastewater key to quenching global thirst, UCI-led review finds
- Move Beyond Enterprise IT to an API Strategy
- Global Entrepreneurship Index- Sierra Leone 132/137
- Lack of an Entrepreneurship Ecosystem in Sierra Leone
- Global Entrepreneurship Week 2017-Sierra Leone
Subscribe to our stories
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019
- Why Do Foreign Investors’ Attitudes toward Women Matter? May 28, 2019
- When less is more: coordinating innovation in open versus closed source software development May 28, 2019
- Social entrepreneurship: an emerging market perspective, some fresh evidence from Ghana May 28, 2019
- Influence of personal traits on social entrepreneurship intention: an empirical study related to Tunisia May 28, 2019