Towards building an Entrepreneurship Ecosystem- Global Entrepreneurship Week and Freetown Pitch Night-The Role and Significance of the Freetown Pitch Night
November 20, 2017 Editor 0
From November 13th to the November 17th the world, including Sierra Leone, will celebrate the Global Entrepreneurship Week. Global Entrepreneurship Week is the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch start-ups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare.
During one week of every November, GEW inspires people everywhere through local, national and global activities designed to help them take the next step in their entrepreneurial journey. These activities, from large-scale competitions and events to intimate networking gatherings, connect participants to potential collaborators, mentors and even investors – introducing them to new possibilities and exciting opportunities.
In Sierra Leone, GEN SL and Innovation SL as National Hosts have organised several activities to inform and inspire. The highlight of the week is the GEW 2017 Freetown Pitch Competition. The finals will see a winner – GEW Sierra Leone Entrepreneur attend the Global Entrepreneurship Congress.
As much as this prize is important, it is the role of the Freetown Pitch Night and its significance in building an entrepreneurship ecosystem in Sierra Leone that is the subject of this paper.
- Move Beyond Enterprise IT to an API Strategy
- Clusters, entrepreneurial ecosystem co-creation, and appropriability: a conceptual framework
- Wastewater key to quenching global thirst, UCI-led review finds
- Design Thinking For Business, And How It Can Benefit SME’s
- A Great Success: World Bank has a 70% failure rate with ICT4D projects to increase universal access
- Bringing wheat, potato and faba bean seeds to market in the Ethiopian Highlands
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021