Be a Data Visualization Expert with TechChange’s Online Diploma Program
September 22, 2017 Editor 0
Are you looking for ideas and support around a new project? Do you want new skills to do your current job better? Or are you trying to break into the ICT4D job market?
Then register now for the TechChange Tech for Monitoring and Evaluation Online Diploma Program.
This 16-week online program starts August 28th and is comprised of three four-week courses offered at a discount. Even better, you can take the courses individually, out-of-order, and during different semesters to fit your busy schedule.
- TC111: Technology for Monitoring & Evaluation: Aug 28 – Sep 22, 2017
- TC211: Technology for Data Collection: Oct 9 – Nov 3, 2017
- TC311: Technology for Data Visualization: Nov 20 – Dec 17, 2017
Join Successful Innovators
Over 500 Students from 85 countries have taken the program with us, including groups from leading international development organizations like UNICEF, USAID, World Bank, PATH, DAI, Jhpiego, International Youth Foundation, Equal Access, and more.
After taking this course, our alums have:
- Developed new dataviz skills to better communicate complex processes and information
- Applied their new M&E skills to an organizational strategic plan.
- Created data visualizations for a report on the crisis in Nepal.
- Found their dream jobs as a result of networks and connections they made during a course.
A Plethora of Course Topics
The M&E Online Diploma covers all the basics of monitoring and evaluation, and then dives into complex topics that will impress your peers and your manager with new skills and learnings. Here are ta few of the course topics:
- Introduction to Responsible Data Practices
- Can I make big data useful for my program?
- How Feasible is SMS for Large Scale Surveys?
- How Sexist is Our Data?
- How Can We Better Train Local Data Enumerators?
- How Do We Better Incentivize Actual Use of M&E Results Data?
- Help! My Tech Systems Don’t Speak to Each Other…
The M&E Online Diploma isn’t a series of passive videos. You will have engaging workshops where you’ll get hands-on experience with core and cutting edge technologies, including:
- Google Sheets for Real-Time M&E
- Sensors for Data Collection
- Drones for Data Collection
- Implementing Machine Learning and AI in Development Projects
- Introduction to ChatBots
- Introduction to Blockchain and CryptoCurrency
- Visual Storytelling with Data
- Design Thinking Meets Data
- Data Cleaning, Static Visualizations and Interactive Visualizations in Excel
- Building an M&E Dashboard in Salesforce
- How to Draft a Responsible Data Policy for your Organization
- APIs and the Future of M&E
New This Year
Register now for the Diploma Track and receive a free ticket to MERL Tech DC on September 7 & 8, weekly “office hours” with leading experts to ask all of your pressing questions, and you can participate in these upgrades:
- DataDay TV Show: Our new Internet TV show about liberating and telling visual stories about our personal data. This first-of-its-kind YouTube video series explores and visualizes the datasets that we produce every day—from places like Amazon, Uber, Google, LinkedIn. Practice using new tools for data visualization with data that you’re already creating.
- TechChange Open Houses: Once a month we will host a Friday lunchtime gathering at our office to explore hands on application of new tools: drones, Blockchain/Bitcoin, VR Headsets, etc. Come meet members of the team and learn about the latest trends in M&E and data science for development. If you don’t live in DC, we’ll plan an event around your visit.
What are you waiting for? Register Now for the Tech for M&E Online Diploma Program.
Go to SourceReprinted from ICTWorks
- Open Innovation: Lessons from 3-D Printing
- Nigeria: World Oldest Newspaper Drops Print Edition for Digital-Only Model
- Get Your Degree in M&E Tech with TechChange
- ESA’s TIGER II to support 20 water projects in Africa
- Gaming Scene in Africa | Maliyo Games Vs Ma3Racer
- When Women Take Over Family Firms, Profitability Increases
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021