Basic Mobile Internet Skills Training Toolkit
July 27, 2017 Editor 0
Mobile phones are much more than just a tool for making calls. Increasingly they are the primary way people across the world access the internet. Whilst the internet can provide a wide range of benefits to the user, it requires specific skills and knowledge to use a mobile phone effectively.
This means that people who lack the skills and understanding are unable to access these life-enhancing services.
The GSMA Connected Society’s Mobile Internet Skills Training Toolkit is a visually rich training resource designed for MNOs, NGOs, development organisations and governments to provide training to improve peoples’ basic knowledge and understanding of the mobile internet and how it can positively impact their lives.
It offers an introduction to using the mobile internet, focusing on three services, Google, WhatsApp and YouTube on an entry-level Android smartphone.
The tools and resources provided here, give trainers what they need to demonstrate the value and the functionality of the internet on mobile phones.
This toolkit provides an introduction to using the mobile internet on an entry level smartphone. It is designed as a journey that takes trainees from basic communication skills, through to more complex skills such as searching the internet.
As a result, trainees will be equipped with a deeper understanding of what they can use the internet for and the basic skills needed to access and use it. We believe that this will lead to increased awareness and use of the life enhancing services that the mobile internet has to offer.
Go to SourceReprinted from ICTWorks
- East African dairy farmers using mobile phones to record yields
- Filling up the milk can: Dairy farmers gain from using mobile phones to record yields
- Is Facebook Zero the Future of Public Internet Access?
- Mobile health targets women, yet many don’t have mobile phones
- Africa: Mobile Phones On the Rise in Africa, Internet Use Inching Up
- Mobile-powered and dirt cheap, Bima is revolutionizing microinsurance
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020