Why businesses should pay attention to deep learning
October 21, 2016 Editor 0
The O’Reilly Data Show Podcast: Christopher Nguyen on the early days of Apache Spark, deep learning for time-series and transactional data, innovation in China, and AI.
In this episode of the O’Reilly Data Show, I spoke with Christopher Nguyen, CEO and co-founder of Arimo. Nguyen and Arimo were among the first adopters and proponents of Apache Spark, Alluxio, and other open source technologies. Most recently, Arimo’s suite of analytic products has relied on deep learning to address a range of business problems.
Continue reading Why businesses should pay attention to deep learning.
- Uganda pig farmers trained in biosecurity measures to control African swine fever
- Doubled-up legume rotations improve soil fertility and maintain productivity under variable conditions in maize-based cropping systems in Malawi
- What is a strong e-commerce business model: Yemek Sepeti (Turkey) as a leading example
- Researchers find a stable way to store the sun’s heat
- South African defence industry moves to collaborate at home and abroad to thrive
- Gates tells G20 innovation is the key to development
Livestock markets, animal source foods and human nutrition: Considering program tensions, maximizing impact and avoiding harm Getting ready for phase 2: Africa RISING partners pore over farming systems research design
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021