Tropentag workshop: Empowering livestock and fish smallholders through multi-stakeholder platforms and value chains
September 7, 2016 Editor 0
On 19 September 2016, ’empowering livestock and fish smallholders through multi-stakeholder platforms and value chains’ is the focus of a Livestock and Fish research program workshop at the Tropentag 2016 conference.
Guided by the Tropentag theme ‘Solidarity in a competing world’, the workshop will synthesize experiences and lessons of the program and its partners, focusing on food security, livelihoods and empowerment towards a fairer, more sustainable world.
Since 2012, CGIAR Livestock and Fish program partners have worked in a solution-driven approach to agricultural research for development. This combines technical upstream interventions in animal health, animal feeding and animal genetics with multi-stakeholder interventions with communities and along value chains. Special attention is given to inclusive value chain development, by and for the poor, targeting women and people facing environmental and public health issues.
Drawing on experiences from several ‘value chain’ countries as well as livestock and fish technical specialists, the workshop aims to critically examine the novel model for agricultural research for development AR4D) that the program tested, drawing tentative lessons to improve the model and recommendations for AR4D more generally.
Participants, who do not need to be livestock or fish specialists, will be able to interrogate and challenge the approach in relation to their own experience, directly interacting with researchers who implemented the model and influencing future work of the institutions involved.
- The Complete List of 79 Academic ICT4D Journals and Publications
- How to Assess your Organization’s Capability to Innovate
- A New Algorithm for Fast Carbon Footprinting
- Venture philanthropy in Development: dynamics, challenges and lessons in the search for greater impact
- The new industrial revolution
- Uganda: Scientists Battle Striga (witchweed) in Uganda
Tags: fish smallholders
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020