Investigation of solar hybrid system with concentrating Fresnel lens, photovoltaic and thermoelectric generators
September 7, 2016 Editor 0
An experimental model of a solar hybrid system including photovoltaic (PV) module, concentrating Fresnel lens, thermoelectric generator (TEG), and running water heat extracting unit was created and studied. The PV module used was of c-Si and TEG of Bi2Te3; the Fresnel lens (solar concentrator) and TEG share an optical train, whereas PV module was illuminated separately with non-concentrated light. Heat extracting unit operated in thermo siphon mode. In climatic conditions of Mexico (Queretaro, 20o of North latitude, summer time), the Fresnel lens accepted 120 W of solar radiation power, and the system generated 7.0 W of electric power and 30 W of thermal one. The discussion is made of the possible characteristics of a hypothetical hybrid system where all its elements share the same optical train. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Experimental model of solar hybrid system is constructed and studied.
- The system includes PV module, thermoelectric generator, and heat extractor.
- Fresnel lens is used to concentrate radiation onto thermoelectric generator.
- Photovoltaic generator is illuminated by non-concentrated sunlight.
- To provide high electric and thermal efficiency, special PV module is necessary.
- UGA researchers develop rapid diagnostic test for pathogens, contaminants
- Run strikingly fast parallel file searches in Go with sync.ErrGroup
- The Validation Board: Business Prototyping review
- Innovation Key to Unlocking Africa’s Horticultural Potential
- Water monitoring ‘easier’ with free mobile phone app
- Seven Tips for Successful Youth Technology Programs
Tags: solar hybrid system
AGRF session on transforming dairy value chains in Africa: Pathways to prosperity Ebola Virus Disease Diagnostics, Sierra Leone: Analysis of Real-time Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction Values for Clinical Blood and Oral Swab Specimens.
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020