Investigation of solar hybrid system with concentrating Fresnel lens, photovoltaic and thermoelectric generators
September 7, 2016 Editor 0
An experimental model of a solar hybrid system including photovoltaic (PV) module, concentrating Fresnel lens, thermoelectric generator (TEG), and running water heat extracting unit was created and studied. The PV module used was of c-Si and TEG of Bi2Te3; the Fresnel lens (solar concentrator) and TEG share an optical train, whereas PV module was illuminated separately with non-concentrated light. Heat extracting unit operated in thermo siphon mode. In climatic conditions of Mexico (Queretaro, 20o of North latitude, summer time), the Fresnel lens accepted 120 W of solar radiation power, and the system generated 7.0 W of electric power and 30 W of thermal one. The discussion is made of the possible characteristics of a hypothetical hybrid system where all its elements share the same optical train. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Experimental model of solar hybrid system is constructed and studied.
- The system includes PV module, thermoelectric generator, and heat extractor.
- Fresnel lens is used to concentrate radiation onto thermoelectric generator.
- Photovoltaic generator is illuminated by non-concentrated sunlight.
- To provide high electric and thermal efficiency, special PV module is necessary.
- End of the Great-Man Theory of Innovation
- Satellite firms switch on to Africa’s potential
- Nigeria: 25-Year-Old Nigerian Invents Electricity Generating Football
- 3D PRINTING IN DRUG DELIVERY FORMULATION: YOU CAN DREAM IT, DESIGN IT AND PRINT IT. HOW ABOUT PATENT IT?
- Innovative ICT-mediated activities for people, profit and planet
- The Innovation Management Maturity Model: How Do You Stack Up?
Tags: solar hybrid system
AGRF session on transforming dairy value chains in Africa: Pathways to prosperity Ebola Virus Disease Diagnostics, Sierra Leone: Analysis of Real-time Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction Values for Clinical Blood and Oral Swab Specimens.
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021