Investigation of solar hybrid system with concentrating Fresnel lens, photovoltaic and thermoelectric generators
September 7, 2016 Editor 0
An experimental model of a solar hybrid system including photovoltaic (PV) module, concentrating Fresnel lens, thermoelectric generator (TEG), and running water heat extracting unit was created and studied. The PV module used was of c-Si and TEG of Bi2Te3; the Fresnel lens (solar concentrator) and TEG share an optical train, whereas PV module was illuminated separately with non-concentrated light. Heat extracting unit operated in thermo siphon mode. In climatic conditions of Mexico (Queretaro, 20o of North latitude, summer time), the Fresnel lens accepted 120 W of solar radiation power, and the system generated 7.0 W of electric power and 30 W of thermal one. The discussion is made of the possible characteristics of a hypothetical hybrid system where all its elements share the same optical train. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Experimental model of solar hybrid system is constructed and studied.
- The system includes PV module, thermoelectric generator, and heat extractor.
- Fresnel lens is used to concentrate radiation onto thermoelectric generator.
- Photovoltaic generator is illuminated by non-concentrated sunlight.
- To provide high electric and thermal efficiency, special PV module is necessary.
- Technology Plus Humanity – An Equation for Social Collaboration
- Empowering Tanzania milk traders to transform their businesses
- Who says GMOs are necessary? Small farmer shatters rice record
- Calling Global Health Innovators
- How scavenging fungi became a plant’s best friend
- The Smallholder Farmer is the Base of the Pyramid
Tags: solar hybrid system
AGRF session on transforming dairy value chains in Africa: Pathways to prosperity Ebola Virus Disease Diagnostics, Sierra Leone: Analysis of Real-time Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction Values for Clinical Blood and Oral Swab Specimens.
Subscribe to our stories
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020
- SME Innovation: 10 Priorities for Support Post-COVID-19 July 7, 2020