Livestock and Fish sessions rethinking research pathways to rural poverty
April 14, 2016 Editor 0Claire Heffernan challenges participants (image: ILRI\Susan MacMllan)
This week in Addis Ababa, the CGIAR Independent Science and Partnership Council held its Science Forum 2016 on agricultural research for rural prosperity.
The CGIAR research program on Livestock and Fish is involved in two breakout sessions:
The first, on animal agri-food systems research for poverty reduction, zoomed in on three main impact pathways for livestock research:
- Livelihoods and human nutrition: covering household nutrition, local incomes
- Strengthening resilience: covering assets to cope with shocks
- Generating growth and income: covering value chain incomes, national level food supply, trade.
The second session looks beyond the program, looking at gender research for rural prosperity. It discusses ways to better integrate gender into research, discussing specific cases, ways that gender accommodative and gender transformative research help achieve poverty reduction and rural prosperity, and ways forward for research in this area. Read the session abstract.
- Livestock and Fish value chain flagship: Achieving transformation and scale
- Biotechnologies at Work for Smallholders: Case Studies from Developing Countries in Crops, Livestock and Fish
- Pioneering self-contained ‘smart village’ offers world model for rural poverty relief
- Investments in pastoralism offer best hope for combating droughts in Africa’s drylands
- Tourism ecosystems: A way to think about challenges and solutions to tourism development
- Cure Your Company’s Allergy to Change
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021