Hybrid power generation system of solar energy and fuel cells
January 20, 2016 Editor 0
This paper introduces the methods of integration of solar energy and low-temperature solid oxide fuel cells. On the one hand, we design the system that integrates the solar photovoltaic cells and fuel cells. On the other hand, solar energy is concentrated to heat up the fuel cell and supply the working temperature at hundreds Celsius degrees by Fresnel lens. Then the fuel conversion efficiency is increased because of gain from the solar energy. Moreover, integration of solar thermal energy power system with the fuel is a good method for resolving the instability of solar energy. CHP (combined heat and power) is another aspect to enhance the design hybrid system overall efficiency. Finally, we present a novel device but built on different scientific principle. It can convert solar energy and chemical energy of fuel to electric energy simultaneously within the same device to integrated solar cell and fuel cell from the device level. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Expanding the Mobile Apps Market: Making Mobile Work at the Base of the Pyramid
- Developing local industries connected to the gas value chain: What can Tanzania learn from Malaysia?
- Local government authorities in Tanzania commit to support continued growth of producer groups created by the MoreMilkiT Project
- Sustainable breeding strategies for Red Maasai sheep in Kenya
- Throwing an ICT4D BRCK at Hard Education Problems
- Documentation strategies on agile software development projects
Subscribe to our stories
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020
- SME Innovation: 10 Priorities for Support Post-COVID-19 July 7, 2020