Hybrid power generation system of solar energy and fuel cells
January 20, 2016 Editor 0
This paper introduces the methods of integration of solar energy and low-temperature solid oxide fuel cells. On the one hand, we design the system that integrates the solar photovoltaic cells and fuel cells. On the other hand, solar energy is concentrated to heat up the fuel cell and supply the working temperature at hundreds Celsius degrees by Fresnel lens. Then the fuel conversion efficiency is increased because of gain from the solar energy. Moreover, integration of solar thermal energy power system with the fuel is a good method for resolving the instability of solar energy. CHP (combined heat and power) is another aspect to enhance the design hybrid system overall efficiency. Finally, we present a novel device but built on different scientific principle. It can convert solar energy and chemical energy of fuel to electric energy simultaneously within the same device to integrated solar cell and fuel cell from the device level. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- A massive open online course on pharmacogenomics: not just disruptive innovation but a possible solution.
- Failure is the F-Word in International Development
- Open access for development: a battle not yet won
- Motivation to become an entrepreneur: a study of Nigerian women’s decisions
- Entreprenuering together: his and her stories
- East Africa: Kenyan Universities Rank Highest in ICT Education in East Africa
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020