Give Thanks, Give a Solar Powered Digital Library!
December 8, 2015 Editor 0
This week, Inveneo launched a Generosity crowdfunding campaign to deliver 15 Solar Powered Digital Libraries to Haiti. Your support can help us light up learning and expand educational opportunities for hundreds of Haitian children. Just listen to Craig Newmark, founder of Craigslist:
“Education is potentially the great equalizer, the basis of democracy, and tech like the Solar Powered Digital Library is a great step in that direction.”
We are grateful to Craig for generously donating $10,000 to help kick off our campaign! However, we need your support to reach our goal of $50,000 by January 23, 2016!
Expanding the Empowering Effect of Tablets Inside the Classroom
Inveneo has implemented tablet projects in Haiti, Ethiopia, and the Philippines and has witnessed first-hand the empowering effect of tablets in the classroom. As part of the Transforming Teaching through Tablets program, we trained over 70 Haitian teachers how to use tablets as an educational tool at schools in Petit-Goave, Hyacinthe, and Cascade Pichon between 2014 and 2015. Check out testimonies from some of the teachers and school administrators below:
“This training enhances the quality of teaching in Haiti. When our teachers learn about technology, [they] get access to resources and new ways of teaching, [and] learning is easier for our children. Teachers can be more creative and confident in their work.” – Thony Dominique, Director at Methodiste de Hyacinthe
“This training has been a means for me to improve or change the way I work to improve myself as a teacher…The tablet used in this program is a very good technical and pedagogical tool. I will make it my best friend for learning and teaching.”- Emilien Renault, Teacher, Methodiste de Hyacinthe
Lighting Up Learning Inside 15 Haitian Classrooms
Help us light up learning and expand educational opportunities for hundreds of Haitian children today. This holiday season, give thanks, and give a Solar Powered Digital Library to Haiti.
- Ecole Nationale Bois-de-Lance in Cascade Pichon, Southeast Haiti
- Ecole Nationale Baie d’Orange in Zappe, Bellanse, Southeast Haiti
- National’ school at Corai Lamothe in Corai, Bellanse, Southeast Haiti
- National’ school at Marbriol in Chaudry, Bellanse, Southeast Haiti
- Ecole Moderne in Ridore, La Vallee de Jacmel, Southeast Haiti
- Ecole Sainte Therese in Laviale, La Vallee de Jacmel, Southeast Haiti
- Ecole Saint Joseph in Dure, La Vallee de Jacmel, Southeast Haiti
- Ecole Saint Joseph in Fondwa, Western Haiti
- Ecole Methodiste de Hyacinthe in Hyacinthe/Petit-Goave, Western Haiti
- Ecole Mixte Notre Dames de Lourdes in Village Rapatries/ Cite-Soleil, Western Haiti
- Inst. Mixte Vision Cesleste in Village Rapatries/ Cite-Soleil, Western Haiti
- Ecole Nationale Savane Plate in Savane Plate, Central Plateau Haiti
- Ecole Nationale Tierra Muscady in Tierra Muscady, Central Plateau Haiti
- ECACEB in Boukan Kare, Central Plateau Haiti
- Ecole Bon Berger in Domond, Central Plateau Haiti
We are targeting these schools because they are located in precisely the areas that compelled us to design the Solar Library in the first place: they are remote, rural, and lack (or have extremely limited) books, educational resources, and the Internet. And with your help, we can transform their schools with digital tools.
Go to SourceReprinted from ICTWorks
- Different practices for open innovation: a context-based approach
- Video: Aneesh Chopra on Open Innovation
- Major patent pool opens up research on neglected disease
- Bitange Ndemo: Protecting Local Innovation
- What’s the Best IT Equipment to Use in Harsh Environments?
- Tanzania farmers embrace vegetable farming to access more high-value markets and improve nutrition
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020