Learn How to Use Excel for Data Visualization in Just 2 Hours
November 23, 2015 Editor 0
We have all worked with Microsoft Excel, but few of us really know its power to meet a wide range of data analysis and visualization needs. Used correctly, we can beautifully visualize M&E results in Excel.
That’s why we’ve created Introduction to Excel for Data Visualization – an interactive TechChange course for those who want to harness the power of Excel for Data Visualization. The self-paced course can be completed anytime, in under two hours.
Intro to Excel for Data Visualization
We spent six weeks creating this interactive course and we’re excited to make it available for you! In Intro to Excel for Data Visualization, you will learn the nuts and bolts of how to use Excel functions and features like INDEX MATCH, PivotTables, Slicers, and more.You will also learn key data visualization principles that will help you optimize your data visualizations to best communicate your data.
Along with going over some important Excel functions like VLookup, basic macros, pivot tables, slicers, to create both static and interactive visualizations, the course includes case studies of how two different organizations used Excel for their data visualization needs.
You will see how D3 systems used Excel to visualize public opinion data in Iraq, and how JSI used Excel to create a dashboard for global contraceptive security indicators. By interacting with real world examples, you will be able to see the potential Excel has in your own work.
Samita Thapa is the Global Communications and Engagement Officer at TechChange
Go to SourceReprinted from ICTWorks
- You’ve Got the Information But What Does It Mean? Welcome to “From Data to Action”
- The Importance of Spatial Thinking Now
- How GE Uses Data Visualization to Tell Complex Stories
- Future of water demands innovation and conservation
- Watch: With Smartphones, Software, Building Better Agricultural Value Chains
- How to do better health reform: a snapshot of change and improvement initiatives in the health systems of 30 countries.
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020