Women’s contribution to feeding the world and conserving biodiversity celebrated at Expo Milano 2015
September 11, 2015 Editor 0
Since 1 May 2015, the Italian Government has been hosting the Expo Milano 2015 exhibition that will run for a period of six months up to 31 October 2015. The exhibition, which is themed ‘Feeding the planet: energy for life’, has attracted more than 140 countries to showcase their technology and exchange ideas on guaranteeing healthy, safe and sufficient food.
Recognizing the important role that women play in feeding the world and in #biodiversity, an event to highlight women has been organized as part of this exposition. Every day, women grow, harvest, process, cook, buy and/or sell food and agricultural products to sustain their families. As such, women and agricultural biodiversity are closely linked, given their participation in these activities through which they not only contribute to feeding the world, but also to conservation of agricultural biodiversity.
An &8216;Agricultural biodiversity, value chains and women’s empowerment&8217; event will take place on 17 September 2015, at Palazzo Castiglioni, Milan, Italy and is organized by Bioversity International in partnership with the Italian Government and other partners.
Visit the event website for the agenda and more information.
- Conserving biodiversity could benefit the world’s poor
- Agricultural technology commercialisation: stakeholders, business models, and abiotic stressors – Part 1
- Agricultural technology commercialisation: stakeholders, business models, and abiotic stressors – part 2
- Biodiversity protection needs community input
- Crop intensification and organic fertilizers can be a long-term solution to perennial food shortages in Africa
- Tropentag workshop: Empowering livestock and fish smallholders through multi-stakeholder platforms and value chains
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018