Women’s contribution to feeding the world and conserving biodiversity celebrated at Expo Milano 2015
September 11, 2015 Editor 0
Since 1 May 2015, the Italian Government has been hosting the Expo Milano 2015 exhibition that will run for a period of six months up to 31 October 2015. The exhibition, which is themed ‘Feeding the planet: energy for life’, has attracted more than 140 countries to showcase their technology and exchange ideas on guaranteeing healthy, safe and sufficient food.
Recognizing the important role that women play in feeding the world and in #biodiversity, an event to highlight women has been organized as part of this exposition. Every day, women grow, harvest, process, cook, buy and/or sell food and agricultural products to sustain their families. As such, women and agricultural biodiversity are closely linked, given their participation in these activities through which they not only contribute to feeding the world, but also to conservation of agricultural biodiversity.
An &8216;Agricultural biodiversity, value chains and women’s empowerment&8217; event will take place on 17 September 2015, at Palazzo Castiglioni, Milan, Italy and is organized by Bioversity International in partnership with the Italian Government and other partners.
Visit the event website for the agenda and more information.
- Agricultural technology commercialisation: stakeholders, business models, and abiotic stressors – part 2
- Agricultural technology commercialisation: stakeholders, business models, and abiotic stressors – Part 1
- Biodiversity protection needs community input
- Conserving biodiversity could benefit the world’s poor
- Innovation Support in Latin America and Europe: Theory, Practice and Policy in Innovation and Innovation Systems
- Bionic bird takes flight in South Africa
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020