Knowledge-based citizenship: a capitals system perspective
September 7, 2015 Editor 0
Knowledge&45;based citizenship&58; a capitals system perspective
Blanca C. Garcia; America Martinez
International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development, Vol. 6, No. 2 (2015) pp. 152 – 173
Networks and partnerships operate on many levels, from individuals to families up to the level of nations, and play a critical role in determining the way collectives take action, how organisations are run, and even the degree to which countries generate a positive impact into the lives of their communities. We categorise these relationships as social capital. Clearly, social capital models are increasingly important to policy&;makers who engage with their communities in order to identify and leverage community assets for development. From this perspective, this paper is aiming to explore dimensions of social capital expressed in citizenship&;led drivers such as resilience, participation, associativity, tolerance, and solidarity, as an outlook for urban social capital systems. This approach is relevant as it allows research that includes the social dimension of networks, and their role in social integrations and social cohesion. From that perspective, this paper overviews a borderland case for comparison in the quest of knowledge&;citizenship characterisation in the globalised scenario of knowledge societies.
- Open Innovation Drug Discovery (OIDD): A Potential Path to Novel Therapeutic Chemical Space.
- Replicating M-Pesa: Mobile and Cloud Technology Spur Innovation in Financial Inclusion
- Can maize farmers in northern Ghana increase economic benefits by applying more nitrogen?
- [Infographic] Africa Mobile connections predicted to explode to almost a billion by 2017
- Stop Worrying About Making the Right Decision
- What To Consider When Making A Smartphone For Africa
Categories: Knowledge Management
The moderating role of social networks within the radical innovation process: a multidimensionality of human capital-based analysis Profiting from external knowledge: the impact of different external knowledge acquisition strategies on innovation performance
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020