Global knowledge hubs: introducing a new conceptual model
September 4, 2015 Editor 0
#Global knowledge hubs&58; introducing a new conceptual model
Beverly S.Y. Tan; Vinh V. Thai
International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development, Vol. 6, No. 2 (2015) pp. 131 – 151
Industrial clusters are perceived to enhance competitive advantage, stimulate economic growth and employment, and confer superior firm performance. With the business environment trending towards knowledge&45;intensive capitalism, industrial clusters are developing into hubs for knowledge creation and learning, hence culminating in the emergence of the &39;global knowledge hub&39; &40;GKH&41; concept. Nevertheless, the GKH concept remains nebulous with no clear definition available in extant literature despite being already implemented as a policy initiative. Hence, a generic GKH model was developed in this study to conceptually define and explain what GKHs are, which includes identifying appropriate constituent components, dimensions and relevant knowledge interactions, via a review and synthesis of multidisciplinary streams of literature on clusters, knowledge management and globalisation. Consequently, this study establishes the background for future exploratory case studies and empirical research whereby the proposed model could be operationalised as a construct to assess the impacts of GKHs on firm performance.
- Are These 6 Steps All That’s Needed to Ensure Digital Inclusion?
- Only Ebenezer Scrooge Could Applaud Such Stark Inequality; The Dickensian Divide of Intensifying Wealth and Poverty
- iHub Research | Supporting Startups
- Design thinking for water challenged rural communities
- ‘Growth Through Innovation’: Toward a Competitiveness Consensus
- Welcome to the new ICTworks!
Categories: Knowledge Management
Tags: Global knowledge hubs
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020