THNKers gathering at the Amani Institute in Nairobi
August 5, 2015 Editor 0
Roshan Paul words on the first-ever conference at the Amani Institute in Nairobi
As the THNK community grows and grows and as it re-designs the Accelerator Festival, I just wanted to share what happened in Nairobi at the end of May. We had our first-ever conference at Amani Institute (in itself a milestone for us) and it was highly successful, but the highlight of it for me was the participation of my THNK family.
We had the following people there – and they all led workshops or gave talks based on their individual skills: Class 6 (Moulsari Jain, Jurjen Rolf, Lee Razo) and Class 5 (Gautam Shah, Anne Miltenburg, Rym Baouendi). Max Song was there too (at one point, nearly 35 THNKers were considering it).
In addition to their participation at the conference, we had a beautiful day at Amani Institute for which Claudia Valladares (Class 3) also joined, in which the THNKers played the role of mentors for the Amani Fellows. This went extremely well.
It was certainly great network-building and perhaps its even more significant because it happened outside of one of the 3 THNK cities.
Finally, a very big thank you to all of you, for all that THNK has brought to Amani over the last few years and also all of you personally. I am very grateful for being part of this community of creative leaders.
THE AMANI INSTITUTE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The post THNKers gathering at the Amani Institute in Nairobi appeared first on THNK.
- Tanzania: Farmers Protest Biofuel Investment
- East Africa: Garmin Ltd Extends GPS Solutions to EAC
- Look Beyond the Team: It’s About the Network
- SKA SA and partners invest in education, community development
- Obama’s Trip to Africa: Worth Every Penny
- Submit Your Presentation Idea for the Global mHealth Forum by this Friday
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020