Business Model innovation – what if all our beliefs were overturned?
August 5, 2015 Editor 0
What is business model innovation and how can it be applied?
Innovating business models remains a very elusive processes for executives, yet its benefits are now undeniable. Companies that strive for innovative business models disrupt their industry to the point of killing all competition and becoming more resilient. It is not as easy to replicate a business model as it is to copy an innovative product or service.
Well-known examples include Airbnb, Dell and Coursera. The latter dismissed the need for a brick-and-mortar school to provide high-quality education by opening up a web-based platform for courses outsourced from top universities. These companies have all disrupted basic assumptions embedded within their industries and led the way into a new and innovative era.
This article by Marc de Jong and Menno van Dijk explores where innovation can take place in a business model as well as provides a step-by-step reframing process for turning assumptions that govern an industry upside down.
How will you reframe your business model? Try the reframe tool.
The post Business Model innovation – what if all our beliefs were overturned? appeared first on THNK.
- The 4I-framework of business model innovation: a structured view on process phases and challenges
- Business model innovation from an open systems perspective: structural challenges and managerial solutions
- Business Model Innovation in Higher Education
- 20 Business Model Innovations
- Smarter Ways to Bridge the Innovation Gap
- Business Model Innovation
For success and sustainability, seek broad social ‘well-being’; Good governance promotes a ‘virtuous cycle’ of growth From research plots to farmer fields: Africa RISING – NAFAKA partners discuss scaling plans in Tanzania
Subscribe to our stories
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019
- Why Do Foreign Investors’ Attitudes toward Women Matter? May 28, 2019
- When less is more: coordinating innovation in open versus closed source software development May 28, 2019
- Social entrepreneurship: an emerging market perspective, some fresh evidence from Ghana May 28, 2019
- Influence of personal traits on social entrepreneurship intention: an empirical study related to Tunisia May 28, 2019