Business Model innovation – what if all our beliefs were overturned?
August 5, 2015 Editor 0
What is business model innovation and how can it be applied?
Innovating business models remains a very elusive processes for executives, yet its benefits are now undeniable. Companies that strive for innovative business models disrupt their industry to the point of killing all competition and becoming more resilient. It is not as easy to replicate a business model as it is to copy an innovative product or service.
Well-known examples include Airbnb, Dell and Coursera. The latter dismissed the need for a brick-and-mortar school to provide high-quality education by opening up a web-based platform for courses outsourced from top universities. These companies have all disrupted basic assumptions embedded within their industries and led the way into a new and innovative era.
This article by Marc de Jong and Menno van Dijk explores where innovation can take place in a business model as well as provides a step-by-step reframing process for turning assumptions that govern an industry upside down.
How will you reframe your business model? Try the reframe tool.
The post Business Model innovation – what if all our beliefs were overturned? appeared first on THNK.
For success and sustainability, seek broad social ‘well-being’; Good governance promotes a ‘virtuous cycle’ of growth From research plots to farmer fields: Africa RISING – NAFAKA partners discuss scaling plans in Tanzania
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021