Innovations and investment in solar energy technologies
July 22, 2015 Editor 0
Innovations and investment in solar energy technologies have spurred rapid growth in the industry in recent years. For example, in the United States, solar energy is the fastest growing segment of the renewable energy market. In just four years, solar usage in the country increased more than 400 percent. Globally, solar energy production has created 2.3 million jobs, and the industry shows no sign of slowing down.
U.S. Embraces Solar
As illustrated in this infographic from The Refrigeration School, the United States government, as well as businesses and consumers, are investing in solar. The Interior Department plans to deploy solar energy resources to power 6 million homes by 2020. Moreover, solar has become popular among major corporations like Apple, Walmart and Google.
Less Expensive, More Efficient Solar
While the infographic shows that the cost of solar panels has declined by 60 percent in recent years, their efficiency has been increasing. As Technical Talents recently reported, high efficiency solar panels often have a copper foundation, making them more resistant to corrosion. These panels also typically have thicker, sturdier connectors, preventing the entire cell from failing if one connection malfunctions.
Solar to Drive Industry for Years to Come
Solar energy could also change the landscape of the job market through the creation of numerous new types of careers from solar installation helpers to HVAC technicians with solar expertise to electrical engineers and solar installation contractors. NASA indicates that solar irradiance—the output of light energy from the entire disk of the sun measured on Earth—is a main contributor of energy to the planet, so this resource is likely to fuel a thriving industry for years to come. Take a look at “The Solar Demand” infographic to further grasp the scope of the growing field of solar energy production.
Text: Audrey Clark
Source: Solar infographic
The post Innovations and investment in solar energy technologies appeared first on TTalents.
- Please RSVP Now for Build for Sustainability: ICT4D Principle 4
- Improving SME competitiveness: To target or not to target? What businesses, and how?
- Live Web Event: How to Make Innovations Business Relevant
- Calestous Juma on Science and Technology’s Role in Feeding the World
- The direct and indirect impact of culture on innovation
- Kill Your Business Model Before It Kills You
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020