Ethiopia crop and livestock rapid value chain assessments published
July 10, 2015 Editor 0
In 2013 Africa RISING project in the Ethiopian highlands has identified seven thematic areas for implementation for the years 2014–2016. Vvalue chain development is one of the cross-cutting themes. As part of this cross–cutting component rapid value chain assessment studies were conducted in all the four regions covering six enterprises; three on crops and three on livestock.
The studies focused on the role and functioning of the agribusinesses involved in the purchase, processing and consumption of products generated by these value chains. The main aim of the assessment was to obtain a better understanding of these businesses and how they can play a role in expanding the volume of raw products produced, processed and sold.The selection of the enterprises was based on the preference of men, women and youth, enterprises with commercial orientation or importance and finally, enterprises that were well preferred across the project sites for ease of scalability and learning.
Download the reports:
- Clusters, entrepreneurial ecosystem co-creation, and appropriability: a conceptual framework
- Africa: Blackberry Plans to Launch Bbm Across Multiple Platforms This Summer
- Apply Now for TechWomen: a Professional Mentorship and Exchange Program
- The pattern of emergence of a Middle Stone Age tradition at Gademotta and Kulkuletti (Ethiopia) through convergent tool and point technologies.
- Reading on Mobile Phones? mLiteracy Opportunities and Challenges
- Ebola Virus Disease Diagnostics, Sierra Leone: Analysis of Real-time Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction Values for Clinical Blood and Oral Swab Specimens.
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021