Please RSVP Now for ICT4D Principle 9: Be Collaborative
June 19, 2015 Editor 0
FHI 360 and USAID invite you to RSVP now for ICT4D Principle 9: Be Collaborative to join your colleagues and peers thinking about the new digital development principles we all should be following.
The Principles Working Group is translating the Principles for Digital Development into practical action to amplify the good work of USAID and other donors in advancing the reach of ICTs in international development. Former USAID Administrator, Dr. Rajiv Shah, emphasized the importance of this work in the USAID Impact blog on Oct 20, 2014:
“We have helped publish a set of guidelines on best practices for development programs that utilize technology… They are built on earlier sets of principles that draw on the insight of more than 300 NGOs with expertise in the field.
Representing our commitment not only to innovation, but sustainable results, we’re thrilled to be launching these principles in partnership with over a dozen donors and multilaterals, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, UNICEF, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, the United Nations Development Program and the World Food Program.”
On June 25, we’ll be focusing on the opportunities and challenges leveraging and contributing to a broader commons of resource, action, and knowledge to extend the impact of development interventions with a focus on two themes:
- How can we engage diverse expertise across disciplines and industries at all stages of the development process, and work across sector silos to create coordinated and more holistic approaches?
- How should we document work, results, processes and best practices and share them widely through tools like Creative Commons licenses, so others can learn from our successes, and not repeat our mistakes
Leading us in these discussions will be a cohort of experts at the center of cross-sector collaboration and open discussions, including:
- Kate Warren, Devex Senior Director
- Kat Townsend, USAID Open Data Initiative
- Merywen Wigley, FHI 360 Integrated Development Program
- Lesley-Ann Long, mPowering Frontline Health Workers
This will be an interactive session with curated discussions and breakout sessions to develop a collaborative future for the Digital Development Principles. It will also be in-person only, so be sure to RSVP now to attend.Digital Principle 9: Be Collaborative
8:30am – 12:30pm
Thursday, June 25th
FHI 360 Boardroom
1875 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20009
Go to SourceReprinted from ICTWorks
- Please RSVP Now for Build for Sustainability: ICT4D Principle 4
- How Can We Integrate M&E Across Sectors?
- Be a Data Visualization Expert with TechChange’s Online Diploma Program
- New USAID Handbook: How to Integrate Mobile Solutions into Development Projects
- Free USAID Course: How To Use Mobile Data Solutions for Better Development Outcomes
- Is Nurturing Creativity a Luxury or a Necessity for Schools in Developing Nations?
Tags: ICT4D Principle 9
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018