Measuring innovation platform contributions through participatory monitoring and evaluation
May 13, 2015 Editor 0
It is not easy to measure the contributions of innovation platforms (IPs) research and development outcomes. Some of the reasons have been documented in relations to FARA’s sub‐Saharan Africa challenge program.
From International Livestock Research Institute’s (ILRI) experience, the complex nature of issues and problems that IPs try to address and the emphasis given to the effective integration of IPs into the research process – rather than evaluating IPs contribution to intervention outcomes – have contributed to this information gap.
The Africa RISING project in Ethiopia is trying to fill this gap by developing a simple and systematic IP monitoring and evaluation framework. It tries to monitor and evaluate IPs at three performance levels: at establishment, by function, and at outcome levels. Some indicators are identified to assess changes within these performance levels.
We hope this process sheds more light on the information gaps we encountered and, most importantly, helps to foster joint learning among the different international and local partners working with Africa RISING.
- Knowledge Management: A Personal Knowledge Network Perspective
- Calestous Juma on Science and Technology’s Role in Feeding the World
- “Empowering women is smart economics”
- Africa: CRDF Global, Bunengi Foundation Partner to Train African Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- An empirical study on the contribution of lean practices to environmental performance of the manufacturing firms in northern region of Malaysia
- UEA research reveals how farmers could mitigate nitrous oxide emissions
Tags: innovation platform
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021