Life of perishable goods extended
April 16, 2015 Editor 0
Global container refrigeration machinery supplier Daikin Reefer launched its new Active CA device, last month, which is a fast-working, simple and highly reliable unit that creates a controlled atmosphere (CA) inside refrigerated containers transporting perishable goods. CA slows down the aging process that food and other sensitive perishable products undergo during transit, allowing them to be transported in better condition for longer periods of time and extending shelf life. The Daikin Active CA system is based on vacuum pressure swing adsorption (VPSA), an active atmosphere separation technology that is able to create the optimal controlled atmosphere very quickly. VPSA uses the mineral adsorbent zeolite to capture a large quantity of nitrogen from the air and transfer it into the reefer container, allowing oxygen levels to be quickly reduced by dilution, without the need for additional gas.
Go to Source
- Embedded resources and knowledge transfer among R&D employees
- Keep searching and you’ll find: what do we know about variety creation through firms’ search activities for innovation?
- How to Win the GSMA mWomen Design Challenge? Give Women Mangos
- Why Do RCT in ICT4D When You Can A/B Test?
- Spatiotemporal Detection of Unusual Human Population Behavior Using Mobile Phone Data
- Goals for science in the post-2015 development agenda
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020