Impact of ICTs on leadership practices: representations and actions
April 16, 2015 Editor 0
Leadership &Organization Development Journal, Volume 36, Issue 4, June 2015.
Purpose This paper presents the results of field research carried out within a civil army corps responsible for the security of people and property. Design/methodology/approach The study deals with e-leadership as it leadership practices related to Information and Communication Technologies. Findings Having initially described the position of ICTs in current workplace contexts, we review the question of the role of leadership as well as that of knowledge acquired in e-leadership. Practical implications The results reveal variations in the use of ICTs in leadership situations, which find their origins in multiple determinisms related to the types of task, the technological tools and the constraints inherent to customary situations. Originality/value These conclusions are discussed in the light of research centred on the predictive variables arising from the adoption of technologies in the context of the workplace.
Go to Source
- What matters most in leader selection? The role of personality and implicit leadership theories
- Relationships among applications of tacit knowledge and transformational/transactional leader styles
- Short film: Uganda’s love of mobile money
- Innovation in the field of medical-conference-based education: a new marketplace.
- Understanding the knowledge management-intellectual capital relationship: a two-way analysis
- 6 Posters for your Innovation Propaganda
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021