Nuclear power has advantages for Africa, atomic agency head avers
April 6, 2015 Editor 0
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is committed to helping all African countries seeking to adopt nuclear energy. This assurance was recently given by IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano. “Nuclear power has obvious advantages for countries in Africa,” he said. “Africa is a high priority for the IAEA. For countries that chose nuclear power, our job is to help in every way we can.” Nuclear power was no longer restricted to developed countries.
Go to Source
- MoU to allow nine African countries to drive forward radio astronomy projects
- Global Risks of Rejecting Agricultural Biotechnology
- Africa: Tech Can Open Borders to Business, Create Millions of Jobs
- Preventing Hunger: Biotechnology is Key
- NASAC statement on the occasion of the G8+5 Summit in L’Aquila, Italy
- How Can We Strengthen Local Capacity for ICTs in M&E?
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021