What Lies Ahead for Technology? You Decide
March 28, 2015 Editor 0
Digital technology and the Internet have changed the lives of billions of people in the past 20 years. However, considering the continued rapid pace of technological development, we may be in the early stages of a much larger shift in our society.
The World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on the Future of Software & Society is working to develop a picture of what this future will look like and what it will mean for how people around the world work and live. To start with, the Council wishes to harness the wisdom of ICTworks’ readers to get a sense of when different technology trends will hit global critical mass.
When do you think this ‘tipping point’ will happen? The World Economic Forum wants to hear from YOU to learn more! Share your thoughts with this Technological Tipping Points survey. It only takes 5 minutes to complete and will help the Council on the Future of Software & Security gain a better understanding of what lies ahead. The survey will cover how fast these technologies will scale in emerging markets/developing countries and much more.
What Will Happen to the Survey Results?
Based on survey input, World Economic Forum Council members will explore the impact these changes will have on business, government, and society. The team will also publish and share the results through a public video later this year.
Many thanks in advance for taking time to share your thoughts!
- South African defence industry moves to collaborate at home and abroad to thrive
- open innovation; +50 new citations
- Recognising genuine innovation
- Africa: IDG Report – Technology Blurring the Line Between Business and Private Life
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination
- Why the Steve Jobs Approach Pays Off
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021