In Service for Sharing: Leadership and Leader – Follower Relationship Factors as Influencers of Tacit Knowledge Sharing in the IT Industry
March 2, 2015 Editor 0
Tacit knowledge is an organizational resource that is difficult to cultivate. It requires that responsible agents in the organization take an active role in encouraging trust and the development of relationships where individuals feel that their voice will be heard and that there will be a benefit from them passing knowledge onto someone else. In knowledge work tacit knowledge is especially important.
This research found that servant leadership is an important factor in influencing tacit knowledge sharing, however leader-member exchange is a factor that will strongly support the sharing of tacit knowledge.
If there is a dearth in servant leadership, then leader-member exchange quality is able to act as an influencer of tacit knowledge sharing. This indicates the conclusion that while servant leadership has its virtues, it is possible that other leadership constructs will be useful in encouraging tacit knowledge sharing.
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Go to Source
- The evolution of the social understanding of ethnic entrepreneurship: results from a bibliometric analysis of the literature
- Pick up and play
- Managing Effectively in a Matrix
- SELCO: A Business, Ongoing Case Study in Solar-Powered Social Impact
- Rwanda: Rwf20 Million for ICT Competition
- Utility Gyrocopters T-REX 1
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021