An example of Open Innovation in China
February 25, 2015 Editor 0
The Business Spectator reports that Zhang Ruimin, the chairman of the Haier group of companies, wants to turn Western management theory on its head and transform Haier into a giant platform for innovation. As a maker of white goods, the old structure revolves around research and development and sales and marketing. In this brave new world, Haier will dismantle traditional structures in favor of open platforms where people can bring in their own ideas and resources to develop new products and services. Zhang’s dream is to turn Haier into an open ecosystem.
Click here to read the full article.
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018