Free USAID Course: How To Use Mobile Data Solutions for Better Development Outcomes
February 1, 2015 Editor 0
Leading global development organizations are just beginning to utilize mobile technologies to improve the efficiency and quality of the data they collect, manage, analyze, and share. However, there is so much more the international development community could be doing with this powerful technology to make better decisions and meet broader global development goals.
Thankfully, you can now learn the secrets of how to use mobile technologies to more effectively collect and disseminate data and achieve better development outcomes through a free interactive online course on Mobile Data Solutions.
This two-hour self-paced online course developed by the Digital Development team at USAID, the mSTAR Program at FHI 360, and TechChange, explores these opportunities and offers a comprehensive introduction to key terms, concepts, technologies, and strategies, including:
- How to assess a mobile data collection project and required resources
- How to design a project to achieve the maximum impact possible
- How to implement a project to take advantage of appropriate technologies
- How to visualize and share the collected data with relevant communities
Sign up now for this fun and practical learning environment with a mixture of animations, video interviews, scenario-based case studies, and interactive exercises including designing and undertaking a survey using mobile tools.
It is free, and accessible from anywhere with an internet connection and anytime no matter your time zone.
- Sitting on Untapped Potential – The Power of Your Organisation’s Collective Intelligence
- Implementing Ideas: Baby Steps
- How to Assess an Innovation Training Program
- Technology &Savings: Competing for Kenya’s Base of the Pyramid
- Our Unhealthy Obsession with Winning
- A paradigm shift for SMEs: Leveraging sustainability as a driver for innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021