Development of ontology from Indian agricultural e-governance data using IndoWordNet: A semantic web approach
January 2, 2015 Editor 0
Journal of Knowledge Management, Volume 19, Issue 1, February 2015.
Purpose This explorative research study focuses on implementation of semantic web technology on agriculture domain of E-Governance data. The study contributes to an understanding of problems and difficulties in implantations of unstructured and unformatted unique datasets of multilingual local language based electronic dictionary (IndoWordnet). Design/methodology/approach An approach to an implementation in the perspective of conceptual logical concept to realization of agriculture based terms and terminology extracted from linked multilingual IndoWordNet while maintaining the support and specification of W3C standard of semantic web technology to generate ontology and uniform unicode structured datasets. Findings The findings reveal the fact about partial support of extraction of terms, relations and concepts while linking to IndoWordNet resulting in the form of SynSets, lexical relations of Words, and relations between themselves. This helped in generation of ontology, hierarchical modeling and creation of structured metadata datasets. Research limitations/implications IndoWordNet has limitation as it is not fully revised version due to diversified cultural base in India and new version is yet to release in some due time span.
As I have mentioned in the section 5 for implications of these ideas and experiments will have good impact in doing more exploration and better applications using such wordnet. Practical implications Language developer tools and frameworks have been used to get tagged annotated raw data processed and get intermediate results which provides as source for the generation of ontology and dynamic metadata. Originality/value Authors have worked out on experimental facts and raw information source datasets, revealing satisfactory results such as synsets, sensecount, semantic & lexical relations, class concepts hierarchy and other related output helped in developing ontology of domain interest and hence creation of dynamic metadata which can be globally used to facilitate various applications support.
Go to Source
- Automatic conversion of web content into ontology-based resource description language for tourism domain
- Competitive Cities: Which Are They, and Why Should We Care?
- Who Owns Your Startup?
- Organizational innovation and its effects
- Free Wikipedia-via-SMS is coming to a mobile phone near you
- Innovation in Intangible Assets Drives Company’s Market Value
Categories: Knowledge Management
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021