Development of ontology from Indian agricultural e-governance data using IndoWordNet: A semantic web approach
January 2, 2015 Editor 0
Journal of Knowledge Management, Volume 19, Issue 1, February 2015.
Purpose This explorative research study focuses on implementation of semantic web technology on agriculture domain of E-Governance data. The study contributes to an understanding of problems and difficulties in implantations of unstructured and unformatted unique datasets of multilingual local language based electronic dictionary (IndoWordnet). Design/methodology/approach An approach to an implementation in the perspective of conceptual logical concept to realization of agriculture based terms and terminology extracted from linked multilingual IndoWordNet while maintaining the support and specification of W3C standard of semantic web technology to generate ontology and uniform unicode structured datasets. Findings The findings reveal the fact about partial support of extraction of terms, relations and concepts while linking to IndoWordNet resulting in the form of SynSets, lexical relations of Words, and relations between themselves. This helped in generation of ontology, hierarchical modeling and creation of structured metadata datasets. Research limitations/implications IndoWordNet has limitation as it is not fully revised version due to diversified cultural base in India and new version is yet to release in some due time span.
As I have mentioned in the section 5 for implications of these ideas and experiments will have good impact in doing more exploration and better applications using such wordnet. Practical implications Language developer tools and frameworks have been used to get tagged annotated raw data processed and get intermediate results which provides as source for the generation of ontology and dynamic metadata. Originality/value Authors have worked out on experimental facts and raw information source datasets, revealing satisfactory results such as synsets, sensecount, semantic & lexical relations, class concepts hierarchy and other related output helped in developing ontology of domain interest and hence creation of dynamic metadata which can be globally used to facilitate various applications support.
Go to Source
- Automatic conversion of web content into ontology-based resource description language for tourism domain
- Knowledge Acquisition: The Roles of Perceived Value of Knowledge Content and Source
- What Is Good e-Learning?
- Exploring different cultural configurations: how do they affect subsidiaries’ knowledge sharing behaviors?
- Building understanding of the development of performance management for collaborative networks with a knowledge maturity model
- Rethinking tourism destinations: collaborative network models for the tourist 2.0
Categories: Knowledge Management
Subscribe to our stories
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020
- SME Innovation: 10 Priorities for Support Post-COVID-19 July 7, 2020