Top Highlights from the #ICTchat Twitter Discussion on Digital Payments
December 16, 2014 Editor 0
Yesterday’s #ICTchat Twitter Chat was a huge success! Our #ICTchat hashtag brought in over 2.5 million impressions on Twitter with 839 tweets and 135 contributors. Our participants were from The United States, Uganda, and Nigeria to name a few. Thanks to everyone who participated, especially to USAID, NetHope, Better Than Cash Alliance, GBI, UNCDF, and GSMA.
What were some of the highlights of the chat? Here are the three questions we asked with a few answers, some of which were from our four outstanding leaders:
- Matt Homer, Senior Policy Advisor for Digital Finance at USAID;
- Shelley Spencer, Program Director, NetHope/GBI Payments Innovations Team;
- Beth Porter, Policy Advisor, Financial Inclusion, UNCDF/ Better Than Cash Alliance;
- Hamilton McNutt, Program Manager, NetHope/GBI Payments Innovations Team.
Q1: How are digital payments safer for those making and receiving payments in developing countries?
Q2: What digital payments consumer protection standards and best practices are emerging for transparency in fees and terms of service?
Q3: GSMA recently released a code of conduct for mobile money operators. What does this do and what does it mean for transparency?
- Leveraging Silicon Valley — From Wherever You Are
- Why Conformists Are a Key to Successful Innovation
- New SA satellite under development
- Africa: UN Projects 40% of World Will Be Online By Year End, 4.4 Billion Will Remain Unconnected
- Kenyan incubator could turn students’ ideas into gold
- Blockbuster Becomes a Casualty of Big Bang Disruption
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020