Top Highlights from the #ICTchat Twitter Discussion on Digital Payments
December 16, 2014 Editor 0
Yesterday’s #ICTchat Twitter Chat was a huge success! Our #ICTchat hashtag brought in over 2.5 million impressions on Twitter with 839 tweets and 135 contributors. Our participants were from The United States, Uganda, and Nigeria to name a few. Thanks to everyone who participated, especially to USAID, NetHope, Better Than Cash Alliance, GBI, UNCDF, and GSMA.
What were some of the highlights of the chat? Here are the three questions we asked with a few answers, some of which were from our four outstanding leaders:
- Matt Homer, Senior Policy Advisor for Digital Finance at USAID;
- Shelley Spencer, Program Director, NetHope/GBI Payments Innovations Team;
- Beth Porter, Policy Advisor, Financial Inclusion, UNCDF/ Better Than Cash Alliance;
- Hamilton McNutt, Program Manager, NetHope/GBI Payments Innovations Team.
Q1: How are digital payments safer for those making and receiving payments in developing countries?
Q2: What digital payments consumer protection standards and best practices are emerging for transparency in fees and terms of service?
Q3: GSMA recently released a code of conduct for mobile money operators. What does this do and what does it mean for transparency?
- Bio-Innovate’s cassava, potato, and sweet potato consortium project on course to deliver sustainable innovative seed delivery systems in the eastern Africa
- Do Service Guarantees Guarantee Greater Market Value?
- Recognising genuine innovation
- Stanford scientists build the first all-carbon solar cell
- 3 Reasons Why We Need Business Analysts in ICT4D
- The Skills Most Entrepreneurs Lack
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021