Please RSVP for Our Twitter Chat on December 4th: Digital Payments in Developing Countries
November 24, 2014 Editor 0
Safety and transparency are very important issues when it comes to sending and receiving digital payments within developing countries. Establishing trust in digital payments system and sufficient levels of consumer protection and transparency of service terms are key to broader adoption of digital payments. What’s being done to help reduce this concern?
To bring this issue to the forefront, the ICTworks community is joining with the Global Broadband and Innovations Alliance (GBI), a partnership between USAID and NetHope, and the Better Than Cash Alliance to host a Twitter Chat as we near International Anti-Corruption Day on December 9th, 2014.
Join us on December 4th at 12 noon Eastern time using the #ICTchat hashtag to debate the merits and issues of digital payments with four thought leaders:
- Matt Homer, Senior Policy Advisor for Digital Finance at USAID;
- Shelley Spencer, Program Director, NetHope/GBI Payments Innovations Team;
- Beth Porter, Policy Advisor, Financial Inclusion, UNCDF/ Better Than Cash Alliance (she will be tweeting from the official BTCA Twitter handle);
- Hamilton McNutt, Program Manager, NetHope/GBI Payments Innovations Team.
We’ll start off with a quick round of introductions and then dive into three key questions on the safety and transparency of digital payments:
- How are digital payments safer for those making and receiving payments in developing countries?
- What digital payments consumer protection standards and best practices are emerging for transparency in fees and terms of service?
- GSMA recently released a code of conduct for mobile money operators. What does this do and what does it mean for transparency?
As with all our Twitter Chats, it will be a fast-paced, global conversation that you’ll not want to miss. So mark your calendar now:Twitter Chat: Digital Payments in Developing Countries
December 4, 2014
9am-10:30am PST (17:00 GMT)
Join with the hashtag #ICTchat
See you on December 4th!
Go to Source. Reprinted from ICTWorks
- Why a unified database of mobile users could mean an economic boom in Africa
- ASSESSING TECHNOLOGY DIFFERENCES IN ELECTRONIC AND MOBILE PAYMENT SYSTEMS AMONG DEVELOPED AND DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
- How to use Paypal with MPESA (Follow up to last weeks Lunch with Paypal)
- A qualitative investigation of use and adoption of mobile money in Kenya: a domestication approach
- Bitcoin is a digital money ecosystem
- 3 M4D Case Studies from GSMA Mobile for Development Impact
Tags: Electronic commerce, Hashtag, Mobile payment, Payment systems, twitter
College of Cape Town pushes innovation boundaries in Siemens competition Categorizing the collaboration and community promotion spaces that make urban innovation ecosystems tick
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 836 views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 817 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 782 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 744 views