The Changing Role of the CIO – Driving Innovation
November 13, 2014 Editor
The IT News Africa website writes that considering that IT touches almost every aspect of business operations, the CIO and his/her leadership team are in the unique position to identify innovation opportunities across the enterprise and develop rapid and aggressive ‘digitalization’ strategies. The concept of open innovation ecosystems pulls together participants from a broad variety of research backgrounds (scientific, tertiary education, technology etc), together with business leaders from different sectors. Fusing insights from these differing domains of knowledge generates new ideas, new approaches to solving problems, and opens up what previously would be considered as unlikely collaboration opportunities.
Click here to read the full article.
Categories: Open Innovation
Supporting the open innovation process in small and medium enterprises Toward a balanced framework to evaluate and improve the internal functioning of non-profit economic development business incubators. A study in Belgium
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021