Please RSVP Now for Build for Sustainability: ICT4D Principle 4
November 13, 2014 Editor 0
The Greentree Consensus represents a concerted effort by donors to capture the most important lessons learned by the development community in the implementation of information and communications technology for development (ICT4D) projects. These 9 Principles for Digital Development seek to serve as a set of living guidelines that are meant to inform, but not dictate, the design of technology-enabled development programs.
As USAID Administrator Dr. Rajiv Shah says:
We’re not creating technology for technology’s sake. There are too many apps that might look sleek, but are not transformative for the people who use them. That’s why we have helped publish a set of guidelines on best practices for development programs that utilize technology.
We call these principles the Greentree Consensus, and they are built on earlier sets of principles that draw on the insight of more than 300 NGOs with expertise in the field. Representing our commitment not only to innovation, but sustainable results, we’re thrilled to be launching these principles in partnership with over a dozen donors and multilaterals, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, UNICEF, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, the United Nations Development Program and the World Food Program.
Please RSVP now to join Catholic Relief Services on November 20th for an interactive session on the fourth Principle for Digital Development, Build for Sustainability. We’ll have a spirited discussion with ICT4D thought leaders and decision makers around timeless and yet highly relevant topics like:
- How do we understand financial and operational sustainability?
- Why is partnership critical to creating sustainable ICT4D solutions?
- How do we go about identifying partners and establishing such partnerships?
- What types of partnerships (e.g., local government, local businesses, local community organizations) are needed and how do they impact sustainability?
- How do we achieve a balance between Principle 4 and the other eight principles?
- How can I spread the word about Principle 4 (and the other eight Principles as well)?
Note that all participants must RSVP via Eventbrite here. The in-person meeting will be in Baltimore and there will be a virtual participation option.
- The Best Practices in the Use of ICTs in Development Are…
- Use the Child Friendly Technology Framework for ICT4Kids Project Design
- 8 Steps to Publish Open Data and Prepare for IATI
- Nairobi Technology Salon: What are the Technology Challenges in International Development?
- ID Hack for International Development… Would you?
- A 6 Step Guide to Platforms in International Development
Subscribe to our stories
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019
- Why Do Foreign Investors’ Attitudes toward Women Matter? May 28, 2019
- When less is more: coordinating innovation in open versus closed source software development May 28, 2019
- Social entrepreneurship: an emerging market perspective, some fresh evidence from Ghana May 28, 2019
- Influence of personal traits on social entrepreneurship intention: an empirical study related to Tunisia May 28, 2019