Please RSVP Now for Build for Sustainability: ICT4D Principle 4
November 13, 2014 Editor 0
The Greentree Consensus represents a concerted effort by donors to capture the most important lessons learned by the development community in the implementation of information and communications technology for development (ICT4D) projects. These 9 Principles for Digital Development seek to serve as a set of living guidelines that are meant to inform, but not dictate, the design of technology-enabled development programs.
As USAID Administrator Dr. Rajiv Shah says:
We’re not creating technology for technology’s sake. There are too many apps that might look sleek, but are not transformative for the people who use them. That’s why we have helped publish a set of guidelines on best practices for development programs that utilize technology.
We call these principles the Greentree Consensus, and they are built on earlier sets of principles that draw on the insight of more than 300 NGOs with expertise in the field. Representing our commitment not only to innovation, but sustainable results, we’re thrilled to be launching these principles in partnership with over a dozen donors and multilaterals, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, UNICEF, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, the United Nations Development Program and the World Food Program.
Please RSVP now to join Catholic Relief Services on November 20th for an interactive session on the fourth Principle for Digital Development, Build for Sustainability. We’ll have a spirited discussion with ICT4D thought leaders and decision makers around timeless and yet highly relevant topics like:
- How do we understand financial and operational sustainability?
- Why is partnership critical to creating sustainable ICT4D solutions?
- How do we go about identifying partners and establishing such partnerships?
- What types of partnerships (e.g., local government, local businesses, local community organizations) are needed and how do they impact sustainability?
- How do we achieve a balance between Principle 4 and the other eight principles?
- How can I spread the word about Principle 4 (and the other eight Principles as well)?
Note that all participants must RSVP via Eventbrite here. The in-person meeting will be in Baltimore and there will be a virtual participation option.
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021