Grand Challenge:a Better Protective Suit for HealthCare Workers
November 2, 2014 Editor 0
The Millionaire Corner website reported that Grand Challenges, a collaborative effort by the governments of the U.S. and Canada and funded by both governments as well as by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundations, offers grants through specific initiatives to solve problems that exist in the health care fields around the world. The latesy Grand Challenge is a hot-topic one: to invent a better personal protection suit to protect healthcare workers from diseases such as Ebola. The way the Grand Challenges work is that anyone who wants is invited to participate through an open innovation platform online to exchange ideas. Anyone who has an idea that requires funding is invited to participate in a competition for funds, which require specific concepts and plans for implementation of the idea.
Click here to read the full article.
- Top 4 Ways ICTs Can Help Defeat the Ebola Crisis
- 7 Key Insights in Using ICT to Improve Ebola Response
- [News & Analysis] Tropical Medicine: Surprising New Dengue Virus Throws a Spanner in Disease Control Efforts
- Map of financial services becomes weapon in battle to end poverty in Africa
- Japanese fund to invest in promising technology against malaria, tuberculosis and Chagas disease
- A systematic review of the literature on self-management interventions and discussion of their potential relevance for people living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa.
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019