Time for Africa to increase its contribution to space economy – Pandor
October 29, 2014 Editor Comments Off on Time for Africa to increase its contribution to space economy – Pandor
The African continent had to move away from being a “client” in terms of accessing scientific information to rather having customers coming to the continent to access its information, Science and Technology Minister Naledi Pandor said on Monday. Speaking at the opening of the tenth African Association of Remote Sensing of the Environment conference, in Johannesburg, the Minister noted that while Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries still dominated the space economy, times were changing.
Go to Source
- Big steps toward Ghana’s digital future
- Aren’t Medicine and Water More Important Than Telecommunications?
- Will Google and Facebook Drive the Drone Agenda in International Development?
- All things to all people: what the Internet means to our lives
- Lessons Learned From Working Firsthand in Malawi’s ICT Sector
- Pandor to open high-tech nanotechnology facility at Rhodes
Categories: Feature Articles, Science
Tags: Naledi Pandor, Technology_Internet
Does the design and implementation of proven innovations for delivering basic primary health care services in rural communities fit the urban setting: the case of Ghana’s Community-based Health Planning and Services (CHPS). Connectivity equals opportunity: PPPs narrow the “broadband gap”
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 834 views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 816 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 779 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 740 views
Comments are currently closed.