The Alternative Investment Market And The Financing Of Technological Innovation
September 5, 2014 Editor 0
The Alternative Investment Market (AIM) is characterized by the presence of numerous firms operating in sectors with a high rate of technological innovation. In this research we will deal with IPOs about companies active in the sector of Information Technology and Software & Computer Services. The purpose of the research is testing the market’s ability to attract the listing of new companies in these sectors and to examine the following questions:
1) Have the IPOs about economic sectors examined a concentration in specific periods?
2) Have firms’ average size, the average capital raised on the market and the share of capital on average placed with the initial offer, at the time of listing, changed during the analysed periods?
We consider three periods. The first, from the birth of the market (1995) until the speculative bubble (2001), which follows the so-called dot.com boom. The second, from 2002 to 2007, beginning of the severe economic and financial crisis, and the third from 2008 until June 2013.
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Go to Source
- Investigation of solar hybrid system with concentrating Fresnel lens, photovoltaic and thermoelectric generators
- Pivot East 2013 Winners
- Physical environment as a source for innovation: investigating the attributes of innovative space
- The effects of intangible investments on future OCF
- Making a Profit from Making a Difference
- Gender equality in the post-2015 agenda: the importance of social norms for inclusive development – OIF / DEV High-Level Panel
A Practical Review of Mechanism Design: How Implementable Is It Within The Nigerian Context? Investigating the Role of PPP on Social Outcomes in Nigeria Economic Order Quantity Model with Innovation Diffusion Criterion under Influence of Price-Dependent Potential Market Size
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021