Economic Order Quantity Model with Innovation Diffusion Criterion under Influence of Price-Dependent Potential Market Size
September 5, 2014 Editor 0
International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, Ahead of Print.
In last few decades various models developed under inventory control section whether of probabilistic or deterministic nature did not consider the effect of marketing parameters. The marketing parameters especially associated with innovation diffusion theory make the inventory models more realistic. In this paper, an inventory model has been proposed based on the explicit assumptions of interaction of marketing parameters to the optimal inventory replenishment policy. A time-dependent innovation driven demand has been incorporated in the basic economic order quantity (EOQ) model to know the realistic features of the model. This model assumes that potential market size is dynamic over time and is dependent on the price of the product. The model is illustrated with a numerical example and to know the effectiveness of the model a sensitivity analysis of the optimal solution with respect to different parameters has been performed.
Go to Source
- Applying the principles of sustainable development in the leather industry in Morocco: tannery case
- eGovernment for iReputation
- Collaboration, the Engine of Open Innovation
- What’s Next for Mobile Money?
- Using technology to decrease the knowledge gap between Ugandan men and women
- Eight Essentials for Scaling Up Without Screwing Up
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021