Economic Order Quantity Model with Innovation Diffusion Criterion under Influence of Price-Dependent Potential Market Size
September 5, 2014 Editor 0
International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, Ahead of Print.
In last few decades various models developed under inventory control section whether of probabilistic or deterministic nature did not consider the effect of marketing parameters. The marketing parameters especially associated with innovation diffusion theory make the inventory models more realistic. In this paper, an inventory model has been proposed based on the explicit assumptions of interaction of marketing parameters to the optimal inventory replenishment policy. A time-dependent innovation driven demand has been incorporated in the basic economic order quantity (EOQ) model to know the realistic features of the model. This model assumes that potential market size is dynamic over time and is dependent on the price of the product. The model is illustrated with a numerical example and to know the effectiveness of the model a sensitivity analysis of the optimal solution with respect to different parameters has been performed.
Go to Source
- REFLEXIVITY AND INNOVATION: CONFLICTING COUNTERPARTS?
- Determinants of Innovation Commercialization Management and Anticipated Returns: An Exploratory Typology of SMEs
- RESOURCE CRITICALITY ASSESSMENT IN FUTURE ICT SCENARIOS
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGICAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- Learning, knowledge and dynamic capabilities: theoretical implications for competitiveness and innovation in the 21st century
- Applying Agile Project Management to Predevelopment Stages of Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018