What Are Tech Company Start Up Costs in 6 African Countires?
July 7, 2014 Editor 0
As a venture capital firm, Savannah Fund is interested in the differing variables that can affect entrepreneurs in the countries of startups we have or will invest in. One of the key metrics we want to understand more about is first year startup costs.
In this research study, we asked hubs and about three startups per country for their first-year startup costs. These costs include: web hosting, internet, entry level engineer, engineer with 3-5 years of experience, shared apartment (for 3 people), workspace desk rental, legal costs, business permits, accounting, travel, and admin/sales.
While our sample size was relatively small, we were interested in seeing the differences between startup costs with a sample from our investments or potential investments.
There are a number of variables that could change these numbers, such as industry of startup, personal preferences of startups (which could affect size of home and willingness to spend on personal costs), etc. Also, since these numbers may vary from startup to startup within countries, we averaged the numbers we received.
This post is by Audrey Cheng who works for Savanna Fund
- Advancing research to support smallholder farmers
- Crowdfunding 2.0: the next-generation philanthropy: A new approach for philanthropists and citizens to co-fund disruptive innovation in global health.
- Notes from the ‘Capital of Innovation’
- Will Google and Facebook Drive the Drone Agenda in International Development?
- How to find the sweet spot for your innovation project? #innovationVirgins
- Value chains learning hubs workshop: co-creating solutions for eastern and southern Africa
Make Your Marketing Content Useful Behind the Scenes of ‘Startupland’: A Documentary that Tells the True Stories of Entrepreneurs
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 807 views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 806 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 759 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 726 views