We’ve updated the Africa tech hub map using your suggestions
July 7, 2014 Editor 0
My recent blog “Tech hubs across Africa: Which will be the legacy-makers?” generated a long list and a wide range of comments, many suggesting tech hubs we hadn’t noted on the map. As a result of your feedback, we’ve updated the list and created a new map.
Here are also two helpful new links that were sent my way as a result of this ongoing dialogue:
- East Africa Innovation Spaces and Startups
- Four Steps to Establishing a Technology Ecosystem in Kenya
Of course, since the technology landscape is always changing, the list will never be complete. We request your ongoing help to add value by making new comments. Thank you for being part of our global community.
- Categorizing the collaboration and community promotion spaces that make urban innovation ecosystems tick
- Does social dimension beat geographic clustering in creating tech innovation ecosystems in cities?
- Facing up to new realities for progress on tech transfer
- Matching development challenges with tech solutions in the fight against extreme poverty
- What has the iHub achieved?
- Can urban innovation ecosystems be developed with little broadband infrastructure?
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019