A new Toolkit to help develop national broadband strategies
July 7, 2014 Editor 0The world of information and communication technology has changed dramatically over the past decade, evolving from a simple transmission path for information into an enabling platform for countless personal, social and business uses. To keep up with this rapidly increasing usage and growing demand, today’s networks are steadily shifting from narrowband to broadband. Consumers are using broadband networks to access the Internet at speeds up to or exceeding 100 Mbit/s over wired connections, and they are increasingly using broadband-enabled mobile phones too for a wide range of activities.
The digital divide that was once measured in terms of differences in access to communications is now measured in terms of differences in quality of access.
A new resource from the World Bank, the Broadband Strategies Toolkit (http://www.broadbandtoolkit.org), offers advice to policy-makers and other stakeholders on how to develop a national broadband strategy. Based on expert research and collaboration that began in 2011, the final pieces of the toolkit were completed earlier this year.
- Micro-politics and strategy formation in SMEs
- Mastering the Innovation Process
- Kenya: Safaricom to Process Rent Payments Through “Lipa Kodi Na M-Pesa”
- Africa: Microsoft Introduces the 4afrika Scholarship Program
- Pivot 25 Finalist: Tusqee Systems Wins 25,000 Euros at IPO48 Nairobi
- Institutional entrepreneurship in the Ethiopian coffee industry
Behind the Scenes of ‘Startupland’: A Documentary that Tells the True Stories of Entrepreneurs How we pull big corporates out of their comfort zone
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 814 views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 809 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 763 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 727 views