Submit Your Presentation Idea for the Global mHealth Forum by this Friday
June 24, 2014 Editor 0
Are you a mHealth practitioner? Do you want to showcase your innovations in mobiles and global health? Then submit your presentation ideas for the Global mHealth Forum!
The Global mHealth Forum immediately follows the mHealth Summit on December 8-10, 2014 Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center outside Washington, DC. The Forum is exclusively focused on international mHealth interventions and will be the highlight of mHealth conferences in 2014.
The two-day, co-located event presented in partnership with the mHealth Working Group and USAID, will focus on programming for mHealth implementers working in low and middle income countries (LMICs). The objectives of the forum are to:
- Enhance the capacity of governments, donors, civil society, NGOs, and social entrepreneurs to design, implement (including scale up), and evaluate mHealth initiatives in LMICs.
- Provide a space for global health stakeholders and mHealth professionals working in LMICs to network with each other as well as with health ministries, NGOs, technical experts and mHealth solution providers.
- Share the state of the art in mHealth in LMICs, and explore emerging trends.
Specifically, the Global mHealth Forum will provide in-depth reviews of mHealth project implementation and lessons learned; facilitate creative and collaborative problem-solving and capacity building through interactive workshops; and serve as a networking platform for mHealth implementers working in LMICs.
Call for Presentations – Deadline Friday June 27th
We are interested in both successes and failures. Submit your presentation ideas here. Abstracts might address:
- Using evidence to drive design and implementation (including scale-up) of mHealth solutions
- Creative approaches to ensuring sustainability and scale-up (e.g., financial, human resources, technology, etc.)
- Negotiating and maintaining partnerships
- New methods for overcoming infrastructure barriers to implementation of mHealth
- A a gender lens to project design and implementation
- How local context (e.g., socio-cultural, political) affects the success of mHealth solutions
- Costs of design and scale-up; sustainable business models
- Cost-effectiveness analysis
- Integration or coordination with other sectors in mDevelopment, including mobile money
- Emerging trends and where mHealth is headed in the next five years
Presentation submissions to the Global mHealth Forum are reviewed and scored by a panel of qualified judges. Abstracts will be selected based on clarity, rigor, novelty, and importance. Please limit your abstract to 500 words and include title, summary, description, and learning objectives. For abstracts that are based on research, they should include background, purpose, methods, results, and conclusions.
The Global mHealth Forum welcomes participatory and engaging formats for discussing mHealth. Please select one or more presentation formats for your submission. Please note we also welcome suggestions for other presentation formats via the category of ‘Other’:
- Networking event with peer-to-peer interaction
- Interactive workshop with audience participation
- Fireside Chat/Informal Discussion with Experts
- Slide presentation – single presenter or preformed panel
- Other—Please Specify Your Format/Idea:
Submissions must be received electronically no later than Midnight-EST on June 27, 2014. Notifications will be sent by August 4, 2014
- What’s Next for Mobile Money?
- Africa: Blackberry Plans to Launch Bbm Across Multiple Platforms This Summer
- Three Factors to Improve Entrepreneurial Success
- Nigeria: We Spent N55 Billion On Content Technology Devt – Ugbe, Multichoice MD
- Founding team composition and early performance of university—Based spin-off companies
- Uganda: Country Takes Stock of New Climate Information Service
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020